- Extensive experience writing success stories, enewsletters and blogs, feature articles, sales materials and books
- Skilled thought partner who asks perceptive questions and consistently produces on-brand, effective materials
- Exceptional researcher, interviewer, storyteller, copy editor and proofreader
- Expert at explaining complex topics in clear, compelling ways
- Strong collaborative skills
Self-employed writer/editor, 2021-Present
Kaiser Permanente/Group Health Cooperative,* 2003-2021
- Senior marketing content writer, 2016-2021
Served as senior writer and editor of digital and print magazines and newsletters, blog posts, sales materials and educational brochures for B2B and B2C audiences. Collaborated extensively with content experts, project managers and designers.
- Marketing copywriter, 2012-2016
Worked closely with content experts, executives, sales teams, and designers to produce B2B and B2C materials ranging from health plan sales materials to patient education brochures.
- Intranet news writer/editor, 2010-2012
Lead writer and editor for staff news site. Involved researching stories, interviewing a broad cross-section of leaders and staff, writing everything from complex technology stories to personal profiles, training and mentoring fellow writers, and posting stories and photos.
- Editor, Northwest Health magazine, 2005-2010
Wrote and edited articles for this quarterly publication, mentored freelance writers, served as ghost writer for CEO messages, and collaborated with designers and art directors.
- Editor, staff newsletter, 2003-2005
Researched, wrote, and edited all articles for 8-page, biweekly print publication. Included frequent interviews with CEO and key leaders, crafting concise yet meaty articles on topics ranging from corporate finance to IT technology, and ushering each issue through extensive review cycles.
Self-employed writer/editor, 2000-2003
Clients included Group Health, Weyerhaeuser, Aldus/Adobe Systems, Cancer Lifeline and Employee Managed Care Corporation.
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications/Journalism
California State University, Chico
Website writer/editor, 2017-Present
Dog Gone Seattle dog rescue
*Kaiser Permanente acquired Group Health in 2017.